Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Simon

Have had the pleasure of visiting baby Simon the past few days.  He is really looking good and strong.  He is still on the morphine so the tube is still in his throat and all of that, but the nurse said he is being taken slowly off of it and has not needed extra doses or anything.  He wakes up when I visit and looks right into my eyes and just smiles, he is precious!  Poor kid, Molly and I sound alike so he likely thinks it is Molly for an early AM visit.  I just assume he wakes up because he loves when I visit :)   The nurse and I were giving him all kinds of compliments this morning about how handsome he is and he just smiles!  Oh, he melts my heart!

So it is a waiting game now until they can test the repair and make sure it has no leaks, etc.  As soon as Molly updates me on all of that I will be sure to post.

Molly looks so rested and calm!  Finally, the break they all deserve with a successful surgery!

I was thinking this morning while having a chat with Simon, we were all arriving in Florida a year ago today to kick off the wedding festivities for Molly and Clint.  What a difference a year makes!  Molly and Clint will celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary on Wednesday, June 27th.  While I am sure they envisioned their toes in the sand this weekend, or maybe a fun trip to Vegas.....here we are!  Simon could not have better parents who are so strong and love them and each other more than anything!  So hopefully a year from now that exciting anniversary celebration can happen...and of course I will babysit Baby Simon...or take him from anyone who thinks they are going to watch him (yep, talking to you Debbie!)  Just kidding!


No comments:

Post a Comment