Friday, August 31, 2012

Poor Baby Simon

Simon came down with his first illness, sounds funny to say about a little guy who knows the hospital better than any where.  He came down with croup.  Molly reports that he pretty much barks all night....they feel like Simon is a puppy.  In better news he is up to 11 pounds!!  That is a full 7 pounds since birth!

Next week they go to a gastro doc at the Cleveland Clinic to get some needed relief for the reflux.  I feel badly for Molly when people say, "oh I get it, my child has reflux too."  Where truly, we don't get it!  Reflux for baby Simon and his condition is HORRIBLE!!  Molly and Clint knew this going into everything and it is not a surprise, but poor baby!!  Imagine your worst case of reflux ever...then start multiplying.  

His next surgery is this coming Wednesday, September 5th.  Please pray that Simon does well.  This is another routine surgery to open the width of the esophagus.  These will continue for quite sometime.

Simon is smiling all of the time, starting to giggle.  He holds his head up so well.  I have never seen a kid make the eye contact Simon makes.  He also happens to have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.  Of all people I know, Molly has the bluest eyes....her brown eyed baby however, has eyes of beautiful shiny glass, I can't even describe!  I hope everyone gets the chance to look into his little eyes.  Molly and I sound alike when we talk so I can fool Simon for about 30 seconds that I am her so he gives me some great stares.  


Here is some info on the Baby Simon team for the walk on September 23:
http://ach.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1026535&lis=1&kntae1026535=DB870402D67B4659BEC28991AE62666B&team=5179240

No comments:

Post a Comment